FDC-VOCATIONAL TEACHER-EJT -70008997- EVERGLADES CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
Company: State of Florida
Location: Opa Locka
Posted on: September 12, 2023
Requisition No: 811059
Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-VOCATIONAL TEACHER-EJT -70008997- EVERGLADES
Position Number: 70008997
Salary: $50,000.08 annually
Posting Closing Date: 09/07/2023
***OPEN COMPETITIVE ADVERTISEMENT***
Vocational Teacher-EJT - 70008997
This advertisement is for a Career Service position located at
Everglades Correctional Institution in the Education Department,
Salary Rate: $50,000.08 annually
SALARY WILL BE APPLIED IN ACCORDANCE WITH PAY POLICY. THE SELECTED
CANDIDATE WILL BE APPOINTED AT THE ABOVE LISTED APPOINTMENT
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent in this position is responsible for teaching the
assigned vocational subject(s) to students at a correctional
institution/facility. Duties include but will not be limited to the
- Plans, develops, and conducts classes in the assigned
- Utilizes various teaching techniques and activities to assist
students with their educational advancement.
- Responsible for the supervision of inmates assigned to the
- Conducts roll calls, counts, and maintaining attendance
- Ensures that order and discipline, tool control, and safety are
maintained in the classroom and/or shop.
- Continually evaluates students and makes determinations as to
- Administers grades and evaluates tests.
- Counsels and advises individuals regarding their program
progress, behavior, or personal concern.
- Participates in staff meetings, seminars, and workshops to
identify needed curriculum changes and to facilitate professional
- Assists in budget preparation and processing purchase requests
for the education program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of a vocational
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of curriculum
development including special needs.
- Skill in operating necessary equipment specific to the
- Ability to teach vocational courses to individuals in a group
- Ability to develop appropriate curricula.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules regulations,
policies, and procedures relating to vocation instruction.
- Ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments.
Please note, when submitting a college/university degree, if
selected for this position official transcripts will be
- A high school diploma or its equivalent and six years'
experience in the vocation (or directly related to the vocation)
being taught; or
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
and two years of occupational experience in the vocation (or
directly related to the vocation) being taught; or
- Additional education or training may substitute on a
year-for-year basis for up to four (4) years of the required
experience as described above.
- Possess or be eligible to apply for a State of Florida
- SPECIAL NOTE: Non-certified applicants must possess a State of
Florida Educator's Certificate, or a Florida School
District/Florida Department of Corrections issued educator's
certificate in the vocational area within 12 months of hire. State
of Florida or Department of Corrections Educator's Professional
Certificate must be obtained in the vocational area prior to the
expiration of the Temporary Certificate.
Support of knowledge, skills, and abilities should be demonstrated
on the application, in the education, in the work experience, in
the work sample, in the interview and/or during reference
If you are interested in this position and meet the above indicated
qualification and have the desired education, knowledge, and
experience, please submit a State of Florida Application, and
resume through the People First system. If you experience problems
applying on-line, please call the People First Service Center at
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM EST on the closing
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative
Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence
in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the
Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring
authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735).
Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to
allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees
are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with
Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes,
candidates eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive
preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are
encouraged to apply. Certain service members may be eligible to
receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements.
Candidates claiming Veterans' Preference must attach supporting
documentation with each submission that includes character of
service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any
other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida
Administrative Code. Veterans' Preference documentation
requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is
due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Keywords: State of Florida, Miami Gardens , FDC-VOCATIONAL TEACHER-EJT -70008997- EVERGLADES CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION, Education / Teaching , Opa Locka, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!